Friday, February 1, 2008

LGNC- Day 1

Well I am extremely excited to get started with this Look Great Naked Challenge!

My name is Melissa (aka Missy) and I am a strength and conditioning coach/personal trainer (in Philly) so some may say why are you doing a challenge like this? Let me tell you though, trainers struggle with the same issues that non-trainers deal with like trying to stay with healthy eating and consistent exercise. Sometimes we can be so busy training others that we can let the TIME CAN GET AWAY from us when it comes to training ourselves....sound familiar?

I am partly doing the challenge to kick start my healthy eating patterns as they have fallen off as of late and then partly for the opportunity to vacation in Thailand!!!

Already on day ONE I am running into a problem because my brother and I live together and he has a problem with me throwing away a lot of the food in the house that is banned in the 30 day elimination diet portion of the Challenge, so I will have to make my strides in the face of temptation everyday of this journey but I will just keep imagining myself relaxing in Thailand when I see the junk food in the cabinets (relaxing in Thailand, relaxing in Thailand, relaxing in Thailand..I have to ingrain this in my head early on). The one good thing though is that he wants to start eating better himself but he does not plan on doing it as aggressively as I am so I will have to take the good with the bad.

Check back fellow challengers, I will be posting my pictures on the blog very soon since we have to submit them in to Dax for the chance at Thailand. I am even thinking to post monthly or weekly transformation pics. I know seeing the improvements will give me more motivation to stay the course....

Well I think that is it for now....tomorrow the challenge approved food shopping will take place....good luck to everyone!!

No comments: